To install Deeploy Core, you will need to prepare the following tools/permissions:
- The Kubernetes CLI (kubectl)
- AWS CLI
- Helm v3
- An SMTP service and credentials (e.g., Sendgrid, AWS SES)
- An AWS account with permissions to modify resources on AWS (Cloudformation)
- Permissions to add/modify DNS records for you custom domain. These DNS providers are supported for automated certificate renewal.
Overview of the installation steps
To complete the AWS marketplace installation, we structured this guide in the following way:
- Subscribe to the Deeploy listing on the AWS Marketplace Instructions to subscribe to the Deeploy listing in the AWS Marketplace.
- Configure the AWS Cloud Resources Detailed steps to configure the AWS cloud resources using the recommended installation. This step requires knowledge about configuring the following AWS resources: EKS, RDS, S3 and Networking. The expected time to complete this step is 1 hour.
- Configure the Database Instructions to prepare the database for installation of the Deeploy Software Stack. This step requires SQL knowledge.
- Retrieve the SMTP credentials Instructions to retrieve the right credentials from your SMTP provider.
- Install the Deeploy core software stack Instructions to deploy the Deeploy stack using helm and the Deeploy AWS marketplace container images. This step requires knowledge about Kubernetes and Helm. The expected time to complete this step is 30 minutes.
- Allow AWS Marketplace to access the cluster Detailed instructions to integrate the AWS Marketplace images with the EKS cluster on your account.
- Configure DNS Instructions to configure you custom domain using your DNS provider.
- Configure TLS Detailed instructions to create TLS certificates and/or set up automated TLS certificate renewal with cert-manager. This step requires networking knowledge.
- Verify installation Instructions to check if the installation was successful.